The Community Engagement and Research (CEAR) Core of the Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics (ITMAT) at the University of Pennsylvania is sponsoring a pilot grant program to fund small-scale and developmental research with public and community health relevance. This year’s priority themes are cancer risk and cancer prevention. We are especially interested in receiving applications under these themes but will also consider applications on other topics. We expect to fund 3-5 projects in the range of $5,000 to $20,000.
The UPenn PRC has been a catalyst for research in chronic disease prevention and a leader in advancing the science and practice of prevention research. Along with our studies in cancer prevention, cognitive health, and new strategies for weight loss, we’ve researched adolescent and young adult survivors of childhood cancers, the economic impact of clinical trials, and a Penn-community partnership, the Philadelphia Health Leadership Institute. We invite you to learn more about these projects and our dedicated investigators and staff on this website.
- Healthy Eating study chosen as one of Penn Med’s top health equity initiatives
- UPenn DBEI Research Day 2023
- Call for Proposals – Connecting Penn Research to Communities
- Details for Community Driven Research Day 2023
- Integrating Self-Management Education with Cancer Survivorship Care
- A review of the effects of UV filters on the environment and human health
- Penn Medicine Nurses Week – Community Day, May 14
- Call for Proposals: Connecting Penn Research to Communities