In the November 7, 2015 edition of Forbes magazine, Jason Karlawish, MD, Principal Investigator on the UPenn PRC Cognitive Aging Project and Healthy Brain Research Network, examines the public stigma of neurodegenerative diseases and how Robin Williams’ suicide brings to light how patients and their families deal with the implications of illnesses with progressive decline.
The UPenn PRC has been a catalyst for research in chronic disease prevention and a leader in advancing the science and practice of prevention research. Along with our studies in cancer prevention, cognitive health, and new strategies for weight loss, we’ve researched adolescent and young adult survivors of childhood cancers, the economic impact of clinical trials, and a Penn-community partnership, the Philadelphia Health Leadership Institute. We invite you to learn more about these projects and our dedicated investigators and staff on this website.
- Healthy Weigh Study Results
- Assessing and Addressing Nutrition and Health in our Communities
- 2021 Community Scholars Symposium and Pitch Presentation
- Research Day 2021 – Virtual & Open to the Public
- Dr. Glanz named to new NAS committee
- Community-Driven Research Day
- Webinar: Community Health and Economic Prosperity
- A Systematic Review of Nutrition Policies in Schools
- COVID-19 Risk Perception, Knowledge, and Behaviors in 6 States
- Penn’s Faculty respond to the COVID-19 pandemic
- ACC Population Science Research Seminar, February 20, 2020
- UPenn PRC helps to accelerate implementation of evidence-based cancer prevention and control